Mikie Sherrill’s Congressional Web Site – sign up for her newsletter.
October 31, 2019: ” Representative Mikie Sherrill (NJ-11) voted for the SHIELD Act (Stopping Harmful Interference in Elections for a Lasting Democracy Act) which included her amendment to strengthen protections against efforts to mislead or deceive voters. The SHIELD Act (H.R. 4617) bars such disinformation operations within 60 days of a federal election. Representative Sherrill’s amendment extends that to 90 days to better protect early voting states like New Jersey.”
Email from Mikie July 21: “ …I helped advance a plan that would prevent the administration from dragging us into a war with Iran without going through Congress first. U.S. troops have been in Iraq and Afghanistan for more than a decade now. We can’t afford for the president’s administration to go to war with Iran without oversight and authorization. This plan would restore congressional authority over the use of force….” Please sign our petition.
NJ 11th for Change July 17th newsletter assessment of Mikie Sherrill’s recent accomplishments:
- She’s leading on a bill (H.J. 72) to strike down some Treasury Dept. SALT regulations. Listen to her statement here. If the tax implications of losing SALT deductions matters to you, check it out, and call her office to thank her!
- Sherrill voted in support of H Res 489, a resolution condemning Trump’s racist comments about “The Squad” (four women of color who are members of Congress). She issued the following statement: “I have called out the President on his racist remarks in the past and will continue to do so. Racist remarks are never acceptable and are even worse when they are attacks on sitting Congresswomen and are an attempt to undermine our democracy.”
- She joined with a coalition of NJ legislators to support reauthorizing the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Sherrill is co-sponsoring the Scientific Integrity Act, aimed at protecting scientists, public health, and the environment.
- She co-sponsored the bi-partisan Protecting Access to Student Transcripts Act, which would disallow schools from withholding transcripts because of outstanding student debt.
Congress needs to continue fighting the opioid epidemic – The Hill 6/26/2019 “…I worked with fellow freshmen Reps. Denver Riggleman (R-Va.), Kelly Armstrong (R-S.D.), and Mikie Sherrill (D-N.J.) to introduce the State Opioid Response (SOR) Grant Authorization Act….”
Sherrill, Trone, Riggleman Announce $1.5 Billion in Funding for State Opioid Response Grants – sherrill.house.gov 6/20/2019
Sherrill Stands with Pascrell to Protect Firefighters – Insidernj 6/12/2019 “… Tonight, Representative Mikie Sherrill (NJ-11) voted to support firefighters and increase funding for the Firefighter Cancer Registry by an additional $900,000….”
Sherrill Introduces Resolution to Designate Women Veterans Appreciation Day – sherrill.house.gov 6/12/2019
Rep. Sherrill Votes to Affirm U.S. Commitments to Address Climate Change – Insider NJ 5/2/2019
NJ Can’t Afford ‘Cost Of Doing Nothing’ On Gateway: Rep. Mikie Sherrill: “New Jersey sends more money to Washington in federal tax dollars, and gets back less, than almost any other state.” – Patch.com 5/1/2019
“An Evening with Mikie Sherrill: Updating the Criminal Justice System” on April 17, 2019 at 7 PM at Temple Ner Tamid 936 Broad St., Bloomfield, NJ – FREE and open to the public – co-sponsored by the NAACP
Monday with Mikie – March 18 5pm – Caldwell Public Library 268 Bloomfield Ave. – additional parking available across the street at St. Aloysius Church
The Most Important New Woman in Congress Is Not Who You Think – Politico 2/15/19
Sherrill gets Science subcommittee chair – New Jersey Globe 1/30/19
Tame first town hall for freshman congresswoman in Parsippany – Daily Record 1/27/19
Rep. Mikie Sherrill Of NJ Joins Battle To Fund Gateway Tunnel – Patch.com 1/23/19
YouTube video of Sherrill on shutdown (from Town Hall)
Sherrill Holding First Town Hall, Starting ‘Monday With Mikie’ – Patch.com 1/9/19 — POSTPONED – Patch 1/18/19
Universal Background Checks will be Sherrill’s First Co-sponsorship – New Jersey Globe 1/8/19
Mikie Sherrill takes oath, declines Congress paycheck during government shutdown – Daily Record 1/3/19
Meet Mikie Sherrill: Balancing voters, 4 kids, gun control, marijuana and Trump – northjersey.com 12/6/18
A Commitment to the District: Mikie Sherrill, the Blue Dogs and Nancy Pelosi – insidernj.com 11/28/18
Who is Mikie Sherrill? Meet N.J.’s newest Democratic Congresswoman – NJ.com 11/6/18